View Single Post
Old 26-03-2021, 01:32 PM #15
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post

I'm not a huge fan of the age-banding that Niamh mentioned either; all people over 16 should be paid the same hourly wage for doing the same jobs. Labour (and that labourer's time) is not less valuable because of the age of the labourer. It also encourages the hiring of younger people as cheap temporary labour instead of creating real, permanent roles.
Agreed for sure. Same job, same bloody pay. Just being younger does not mean they should be exploited.

Same with 'apprenticeships' in silly things. The word apprentice is only used in order to pay pennies..subway needs ' apprentice sandwich artists' indeed

Quote:
Honestly I completely disagree with this stance, wages should be dependant on responsibilities, qualifications and level of experience and not on a subjective impression of "how hard" the job is. Spent far, far too long listening to retired tradies and manual laborers blaring on about how "young'uns these days don't know what a hard days work is" when, frankly, they couldn't have done my job if they merged all their braincells into one head - nor would one of them have had a fraction of the required patience.
Hmm maybe. I may be slightly biased having done both of those jobs so..and I felt so hard done by at the time when in the warehouse tbh
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote