View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 11:57 AM #19
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Gambling ruins lives and yet it's all over the telly, on the front of football shirts, they're trying to normalise betting... make it seem like a football match isn't fun unless you risk losing your rent.

I don't begrudge anyone working hard and getting a high salary, but no one is worth £469m a year. No one. Especially not someone who trades in the misery of others.
Agree with this tbh.

The normalisation of gambling is not a good thing tbh. EVen with those who can control themselves well..my sister used to bet like..a twenty a year or so, a fiver on slots here, a football match bet (never over about a quid) there. Both me and my brother have had gambling issues in the past..I tried to warn my brother about doing the 'matched betting'..which is basically free money for a while, telling him that he needed to stick to that and not risk actual cash, but of course most dont listen and think they are in control. Anyway, both of us have serious issues, and mine is ongoing even though I KNOW its ****ing stupid I cannot stop it as it seems about the only thing in life I get some form of enjoyment from (or my brain registers it that way, as most of the time it doesnt make me feel better, at all, but looking bac my brain says it was great!)

Anyway yeah, she was betting low amounts, and cashing out any wins. Recently in lockdow her spending has crept up apparently. Not totally unaffordable, but going up and is now every week, rather than every few months, so she recognised it early and gave it all up..I wish I had done that sooner tbh.

Its so stupid looking back on 'sessions'..no idea how I convince myself that more money doesnt matter and I will win the rest back..and such. I bloody well know that wont work, but its kind of like going into a daze and nothing else matters..until one of your deposits fails, and you click on that you have spent 500 quid in a few hours
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote