View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 12:24 PM #23
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Yes, lss of time is a huge part of it too. Its not unusual for me to be on a binge starting say..10pm. Then to hear the kids starting to wake up and be like..what the ****? Sure its only been a few hours. It really is a trancelike state for me. And the rationalisation my brain does during that time, to convince me its fine to keep on going and I 'have' to win eventually (when again, I know this is bollocks too..) is just crazy. Have even found myself telling myself that I can just stick this last hundred in, it will most likely make me win but if it doesn't, I have people I can lend money off for the weekly shop?! Its not that bad now, that was during my wost times..now I seem to be able to hold sme back for household stuff. Like..I cannot justify buying myself some new jeans, for example, because thats 40 quid less that I could spend gambling, which is a potential 4k!! omg.

Its so bloody stupid. Yet, it happens time and time again.
An old friend of mine had the catchphrase; "Come on, I'm bound to win!!" when we used to try to drag him away from the machines on a night out... he got really bad with it in the end. But when he stops gambling, he starts doing coke/MDMA. Then when he decides he needs to kick those for his health, he starts gambling. He never does both at the same time but it's always one or the other... it's like a choice between his physical health and his finances I guess. On balance I suppose he's better off losing his shirt to Roulette than wrecking himself with cocaine.

I haven't seen him for 5+ years to be fair, wonder how he's getting on .
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote