View Single Post
Old 06-04-2021, 06:24 PM #1285
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...In the Name of the Father...

Spoiler:

...I knew the bones of the story of the Guildford Four but I didn’t know all of the details...I feel for sure that if there had been the death penalty...none of the Guildford Four or the Maguire Seven would have lived....it’s so sad obviously that Giuseppe never saw his freedom again and never got to be reunited with his beloved wife and daughters...but I wished Gerry had lived longer as well, 60yrs old is a very young age still and to have had to go through terminal cancer as well ..too, too sad and so wrong....life can be so relentless and cruel to some...they never shared the same cell, though...I read that the only communication they were allowed with each other was through letter, they weren’t given any actual contact...And it wasn’t really expressed in the movie how much ‘coercion’ and the methods they would have actually suffered to have signed those confessions...I also hadn’t known that it had been hidden that their innocence was known for so long...as it said, they weren’t looking for justice, for the actual who coldly took those lives in the pub...they were looking to ‘fill some Irish boxes’ or fill some prison cells with Irish people...shame is the only word really, shame on everyone who was a part of that concealment...but no arrests for them, no facing a courtroom themselves...

Last edited by Ammi; 06-04-2021 at 06:25 PM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote