View Single Post
Old 18-04-2021, 01:00 PM #10
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
... the far left IS a thing though?

Not anywhere near as much of an issue as the far right obviously (currently, and not likely to ever become as much of an issue either in fairness). But I don't really get why some seem a bit desperate to totally rubbish the fact that..well the far left do exist, and cause problems sometimes.

I don't think left/right matters too much in stuff like vandalism and looting instead of genuine protest though. As has been said already, these people are just arseholes, regardless of political affiliation. Sadly, such selfish twats exist all over the political spectrum, and in all demographics too.
It's the false equivalence I have an issue with. The right wing response to right wing extremism is to scream about the left, but unless the 'extreme' left start killing people like the extreme right do, it's just diversionary whataboutism.

The Right wing influence and their inflammatory actions during the George Floyd protests to undermine will always make me suspicious of such actions in similar protests.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote