View Single Post
Old 06-05-2021, 02:57 PM #56
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Are you guys on Virgin Media by any chance? I've had similar issues and VM had to replace the router a few times in the past.

I got rid of Sky and switched to Plusnet and it’s been utter garbage. For a start they only give me 32mb (minimum guaranteed 29) saying the line can’t do more, when I was getting a solid 44mb (minimum 35) for 3 years with Sky. And now it’s just totally packed in. I suspect it is the router because it’s cheap trash and they couldn’t find a fault with the line. I’d buy a decent 3rd party one (because at least, unlike Sky, they do let you use your own router) but I’m hesitant in case that’s not the issue. If they end up sending me a new router and it fixes it, I’ll probably upgrade to a better one.

Honestly wish I hadn’t switched... Sky was a rip-off because I don’t use telly but I can count on one hand the number of brief connection issues I had in 3 years... and never a major issue like this . The wireless signal was abysmal but bad wireless is better than bad internet full stop!
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote