Thread: Wokeness
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 04:52 PM #20
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
Excellent thread and the bit in bold should become a forum rule IMO. I post articles so cant really talk but some forum members pretty much 95% of their contribution to S&D is articles they dont respond to.

I use it as a kind of ironic insult. I remember there was a thread on Women football that was overwhelmingly negative. I posted I quite like Women's football cuz I'm 'dead woke'.

Its become the new 'snowflake'. A kind of catch all insult to describe people who simply believe there are inequalities in our society. Its a lazy word to use IMO

…yeah, this for me is similar to my own thoughts…it’s a word/label that is used to ‘close down’ a belief in inequalities within society and any highlighting of those equalities isn’t a ‘woke’ thing anyway…those inequalities have always been there and there has always been awareness of them…’woke’ surely is to have become awoken to…to suddenly realise…?…and that wouldn’t and doesn’t apply at all…but the ‘woke’ bit of it for me is the aim to weaponise a word and create a label to turn some social beliefs into a negative…which basically says no, we’re all fine as we are/society is all fine and wonderful and dandy just as it is and no changes/progression etc is needed or wanted because we like our society and world just as it is…and for those who cry out any equality…?…well
then they’re attacking the very core of you and you must rise up against that ‘wokeness’…in fact actually a bit of regression might be quite nice and back to those good old days when we didn’t have to be so mindful of equalities that not everyone has…

….and lazy…?…yeah, ironically …there definitely seems to be quite a career and income made by some in the labelling of and weaponising of ‘woke’…as a social media type label…
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote