View Single Post
Old 15-05-2021, 06:26 AM #46
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

…I haven’t watched all of this yet but I started to watch it last night and I thought Leigh-Anne conveyed her experiences so well…

…’One thinks shes the victim of the group because she’s too black…’….that comment really doesn’t apply at all and to watch the documentary would contradict that completely…I mean, I just don’t understand how that could ever be concluded from anyone in watching…

….Leigh-Anne was very open in that she felt almost apologetic about her own experiences in comparison to some and what their life experiences have been…and that’s something that’s often noticeable as well in society…’I’m against racism but I only recognise racism if it’s the more extreme actions/words, then I’m appalled’’ etc is something that is seen a lot, I feel…

…anyways, the only time that she stated that she’d experienced the more extreme words levelled against her was a Primary School experience when she said that she’d had a description from someone of ‘coming straight from the jungle’…I’ve personally known words such as and similar to that laid at children and the impact on them that’s carried ….Leigh-Anne stated that she herself felt that her experiences were just minuscule compared to others and as I say, her whole vibe was more apologetic to those who experience horrendous prejudice…but she also stated that she undoubtedly did feel that there were ‘differences’ with things toward her and other black girls in the industry ….I recall having many conversations with CeeCee/IthinkIloveyoutoo, the member….she often spoke about skin colour in particular with females because of her own experiences ….and she also said so, so many of those same things that were being said by those ladies in the documentary…that there is a ‘conditioning’ of ‘black isn’t beautiful’ and those are the experiences it seems that many have and that were being explained …I’ll finish watching it later as it’s a really worthwhile watch….
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote