View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 08:48 AM #1

Default If you won the lottery, how would you avoid self-destruction?

I think we'd all like to believe that we'd be perfectly fine and make the right decisions if we won, say, £100m, but isn't it that a LOT of lottery winners loose it all in the first couple of years? Some even commit suicide because of all the pressures from family/friends/charities constantly hounding them, making them question their relationships and bringing about misery etc, so it may be harder than we'd imagine.

If I won that kind of coinage, I'd allocate a few million to the closest around me and no-one else (my circle is pretty small as it is), give some to some charities and that would be that. I'd try and keep my winnings a secret as much as possible from the media if that's even possible? I'd get a nice place somewhere in England without splurging on a gold plated mansion on the Bahamas or anything crazy like that, probably allocate myself a couple million to go crazy with to get that inevitable impulse out of me and invest the rest. I like to think I'd be logical and smart with it but would unforeseen hurdles **** me up?