View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 06:16 PM #6
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Netflix special... really must-see viewing, calling it a stand-up special doesn't cover what it is at all. A genuinely amazing and quite unique piece of performance art.

There are laughs to be had but don't watch this as a pick-me-up; it is bleak, especially if you're feeling the lockdown-blues.

I won't say too much as best to go in blind.
…he reminds me a lot of Tim Minchin who is someone that our Slim likes a lot…it really took me until almost the end until I realised how absorbed I was because it was such a process of him ‘unfolding’ all of his vulnerabilities and his alone-ness….and it really was raw and vulnerable and very highlighting of his mental health struggles in working so long on his mental health care…/….the irony of him making the decision to perform again early last year as well…but maybe this last year will all hopefully add to him being ready…

….some of his humour is a bit stereotyping and not my type of thing but there are lots of smile moments as well…I will have to FaceTime my boys later though just to ask them if I’m ThAT MOM…(…but I actually don’t think I am…I do know a few people who might be, though….…)….but it’s not really his humour that I liked about him or his style of it….it was how open he is about his inside, insecure self …even though opening himself like that must be incredibly scary for him….…a very thought provoking watch…

Last edited by Ammi; 07-06-2021 at 06:19 PM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote