View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 07:08 PM #14
-

-

Default Women dragged out by the legs from morecombe restaurant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
The woman was spitting in kids faces TS, I very much doubt you would stand back and allow that.

Admittedly it wouldnt have happened in your establishment, cause kids ain't allowed..

But but, if the police told you to deal with it yourself, and it had been going on for half an hour, what do you think you would have done?

I’d not have physically removed her from the shop, I can say that much for certain. I’m not law enforcement, I’m not a bouncer, or a healthcare professional, or a mental health professional. I have no training nor business in physically attempting to handle a situation like that.

I do feel sympathy for both her AND the staff and I get that the frustration will have been amplified by them being closed for most of the last year - but if she was a risk to customers, the right thing to do would be to ask everyone else to leave and close for business until either someone did arrive, or she simply ended up leaving on her own (which would likely have happened if everyone else left and staff refused to interact).

Police, bouncers etc. are trained and insured for these things. Shop staff are not. Even if you take morals out of the equation, a staff member is putting them self at huge risk (physical AND legal AND financial for the business) by taking matters like this into their own hands. If you accidentally cause injury; which is likely if you don’t know what you’re doing, and they press charges or sue... and they weren’t actively attacking you physically... you basically have zero defense. Not worth it.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 09-06-2021 at 07:09 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote