View Single Post
Old 15-06-2021, 10:38 AM #82
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
…I’m not sure if they were best friends, Jax…but I found this vid and some other articles referring to the vid…I guess that it became a ‘hindsight’ thing…it was apparently Roald Dahl’s daughters who introduced him to their father, they knew him first…the vid is a ‘This is your Life’ moment with Tessa and she mentions ‘train loads of schoolgirls in school uniform’ paying £5 each to come and meet Gary at her home…in the vid when she says that…?…Gary Glitter is seen ‘shushing her up’….so in hindsight, yeah that looks particularly sinister….

He looks nervous as she describes the whole thing, you have to wonder what was actually going on at the "Gary Glitter fan club".

I would say though, no real evidence that Roald Dhal would have had any idea that his friend was a paedophile. Glitter was, evidently, pretty good at duping and charming people.

[edit] Does the "Which uh... you quite liked" sound a bit pointed? Does mentioning the "in school uniforms" seem designed to deliberately make him feel uncomfortable?

I dunno. Maybe I'm loading more onto it with the benefit of hindsight but you never know.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 15-06-2021 at 10:42 AM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote