View Single Post
Old 16-06-2021, 01:03 PM #29
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
Cheers for the reply. I definitely feel if they're giving the games out then, they'll be hiding more than aesthetics behind the paywall in the future. My view was always the same as yours, as long as it's cosmetic fill your boots.

Resources were pretty scarce in Valhalla (there's practically no silver or titanium about), but fortunately you can always rely on Ubi to throw a bit of incompetence in the mix and a quick google shows how to farm unlimited resources, so if they tighten up that side of their games, then we're screwed!
On this occasion I have to admit to being "part of the problem" ... ... I had some random $$ sat in my PSN account and I bought a resources bundle .

If they go to hard on it it's surely going to be temporary... EA learned the hard way that people don't like it and have scaled back massively in most titles, especially anything "story driven". But the damage to their reputation runs deep.

The thing is it CAN be done without too much disruption. Even Fortnight is a good example - the game plays exactly the same for everyone, but people WILL drop money on skins and decorations.

FarCry has also been fine in the past, usually just weapon skins and maybe some slightly more powerful guns, but nothing game-altering...

Like I said I don't really mind them experimenting with the format in some games but I hope (probably overly-optimistically) that they try to leave their "main" franchises alone .
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote