View Single Post
Old 16-06-2021, 02:42 PM #17
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
…I honestly don’t understand enough to comment, it just seemed like a fair comment to describe that it’s a complicated issue and talking point…?..I came across the comment because I am trying to understand more, but it does seem to be something that I still can’t get a real understanding for…and there are such diverse opinions obviously as it’s a loss of life situation and horrendous for everyone living it…

…just edited to say…but yeah, I get your analogy and point with South Africa….I’m just knowledgable enough to comment on any of it…

I agree to an extent, and that on the surface it is a completely legitimate statement for someone to have made. It's not an accident that people are confused because a lot of work has been put in to make it this way.

Let me give you an example of what's currently happening on the ground there.

Palestinian neighbourhoods are being levelled so that Jewish settlers can come and take more of their land - which is more of what they've been doing and is completely illegal. Palestinians have been given the option to either bulldoze their own homes with nowhere to go, or wait for the Israeli government to come and bulldoze their homes (still nowhere to go), but now Israel will invoice them for the bulldozing work just to rub it in. That's the kind of human rights abuse and cruelty that the world is standing by and allowing to happen.

Israel only allow a few hours of water and electricity per day for their walled in Palestinian subjects.