BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
"Good" I suppose is the wrong word as it is purely subjective. I would argue that there is such a thing as an objectively well made film when you break down different aspects. Good staging, well edited, good pacing, sound design, etc.

You can for example tell also if a film is not well made - but some poorly/cheaply made films are actually very enjoyable and fun, or even just have an interesting or original concept behind them that makes them a gripping watch, and that could make it a "good film", but not necessarily a "well made film". That's the difference I'm trying to get at, I suppose.

On the other hand you can have an immaculately put together film that just doesn't grab you - i.e. a well made film that not everyone will enjoy.

"The Shining" is a good example for me. I can appreciate that it is an exceptionally well made movie, but I personally have never rated it at all.

Or on the flipside; I think Zack Snyder movies are objectively exceptionally well made movies and I personally enjoy the style of his movies, HOWEVER I can totally understand why some people don't like them at all.
i get your point TS

but sometimes it is the B Movies i enjoy more than whats among the Oscar nominees/winners, only exception of a oscar movie i liked was Titanic but that's it regarding those ''quality movies''

movies like Sharknado franchise, or other shark attack films, i enjoy very very much, because even for low budget they are very well made, especially the former, the CGI effects and Ian Ziering really has some really convincing acting work too + i like most of the cameo's too in those
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote