View Single Post
Old 15-07-2021, 12:27 PM #17
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
i'm having that installed. It was supposed to take the morning, but they ran into a snag, and now the road has to be dug up to fix it

Because I live in a “wealthier” village, there has been talk of a community commitment to it… basically BT will fast-track it to the area if enough people in that area sign up in advance or something like that, petitions have gone round trying to encourage people and businesses. Unfortunately (because y’know… how wealth works) the village is also skewed towards being “slightly older” so there are an awful lot of people who could more than afford the upgrade, but are happy enough with what’s available in the area… not even full “normal fibre” speeds - we get about 45mb not 70. In fact my “minimum guaranteed” is only 35, but thankfully it’s never actually that low.

To be fair I’m not sure “I want to download digital game purchases faster cos they’re getting huge” is a convincing reason for most around here. It’s more of a “Netflix works fine so we’re happy” area.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote