BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
On the topic of the DC shows - the new Superman is also actually surprisingly decent. I think bolstered by the fact that it seems to have a (much??) higher effects budget than most of the CW-DC shows? They're consistently movie-quality. Even the teen characters aren't too annoying. I mean... a little bit. But not that much and the focus is on them less than I initially thought it was going to be, it does mainly stick with the title and focus on Superman and Lois.

It seemed totally unrelated to the other shows at one point though, to the point where I thought it might actually be, but the most recent ep FINALLY confirmed it's still in the same universe with a John Diggle/Argus appearance (and Oliver Queen name drop). Still no Kara though . Perhaps not surprising as I think she's recently had a baby (in real life).
I've not seen it yet but it's the only DC show in aaaages where I've not actually heard anyone have anything bad to say about it. I was a bit salty at first because I thought it might include the Super Sons as they are in the comics, but they were ten (Jon) and thirteen (Damian), now seventeen (Jon) and fourteen (Damian) (don't ask) so that was never likely for a CW show.

I like that Steel is in the show, he's been fairly overlooked these days. If the rumoured "Black Superman" film comes to pass, Irons would be a good candidate for the lead role instead of blackwashing Clark Kent. There are a few black Supermen in DC canon, he's probably the best choice.

edit - has Bart Allen been in Flash yet? I like that he and Tim Drake are finally getting the live action treatment.

Last edited by Oliver_W; 20-07-2021 at 10:52 AM.
Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote