View Single Post
Old 20-07-2021, 01:49 PM #37
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
I've not seen it yet but it's the only DC show in aaaages where I've not actually heard anyone have anything bad to say about it. I was a bit salty at first because I thought it might include the Super Sons as they are in the comics, but they were ten (Jon) and thirteen (Damian), now seventeen (Jon) and fourteen (Damian) (don't ask) so that was never likely for a CW show.

I like that Steel is in the show, he's been fairly overlooked these days. If the rumoured "Black Superman" film comes to pass, Irons would be a good candidate for the lead role instead of blackwashing Clark Kent. There are a few black Supermen in DC canon, he's probably the best choice.

edit - has Bart Allen been in Flash yet? I like that he and Tim Drake are finally getting the live action treatment.
Not going to lie, Jordan

Spoiler:

The only one of the two brothers that's developing powers BUT THERE'S A TWIST he's always been the less confident/outgoing of the two... of course...

is slightly irritating at times but he's not too bad. It's otherwise been good and one of the few shows I actually watch on release day rather than letting it stack up until I can be bothered.

As for Bart Allen... I don't THINK he's been in it but there have been so many speedsters . I think the only iterations of THE "actual" Flash have been Barry Allen and Jay Garrick. Obviously there's been Wally West as well but only ever under the title Kid Flash, he's never been a full red-suited Flash.

[edit] In a bizarre twist I was literally watching the second-to-most recent episode and he's only gone and just turned up .

Spoiler:

Not true to the comics version though I don't think. This version is Barry's son from the future, and twin brother of Nora West-Allen/"XS" who first appeared a couple of seasons back and is I think Barry's granddaughter in comics?

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 20-07-2021 at 01:55 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote