View Single Post
Old 31-07-2021, 08:52 AM #63
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
The biggest thing that shocked me about 365 days was that a woman wrote it. I just couldn't imagine many women thinking that sexual assault was erotic. Gross film, gross story. Gross everything.

My wife was disappointed that a woman wrote sex/life as well. Mostly at least it’s a more positive portrayal of the actual SEX in terms of what women physically enjoy, but good god, the characters! They’re all just awful. The ex the main character is pining over - awful, manipulative, abusive, even in the flashback scenes of “the good times”! The supposedly nice guy husband - awful! Borderline rapes her at least twice in his quest to prove that he’s “an alpha”. The woman herself in full mid-life crisis mode (she’s feeling unfulfilled in life, and her solution to this appears to be that she just needs some good dick) - terrible!

It’s basically a tale of gaslighting, abuse, and some very borderline consent stuff, but it’s not framed as that at all .

Unfortunately it’s just the right level of trash that we binged the whole damn show .
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote