View Single Post
Old 25-08-2021, 08:23 AM #17
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strictly Jake View Post
I watch them but I never pay attention so can someone help me...

The new Spiderman films, are they a reboot of a reboot. Because we had Tony Maguire era. Then we had the Andrew Garfield era. Now we have the Tom Holland era which is better in terms of how the film's look. But is it just a reboot or do they all exist as Spiderman? I watched the cartoon one multiverse whatever with my son and that was even more confusing

Also I watch hardly any marvel films apart from the Spiderman, iron man and avengers ones so the fact all these characters come into other films and stuff I just don't get
Ahh well that's a little complicated now .

They were reboots, they all existed separately with their own origin stories, their own Aunt Mayses, etc... up until now the only Spider-man who has existed within the MCU was Tom Holland. The other crossovers (Iron Man, Thor, Captain America etc.) all literally exist in the same world as him.

But now, after the events of Loki (triggered by the events of Endgame) the "multiverse", basically infinite parallel worlds, has opened up. Loki spoilers:

Spoiler:

There was some big multiverse war at some point, and it was ended when the guy who accidentally started it basically "cancelled" all of the other universes except the "main" one (you could think of that as the MCU) and created an organisation that kept the timeline "sacred" so that there were no other versions of reality. That all got thrown out of the window with the events of Loki (a version of Loki from an alternate timeline killed the guy in charge), so now the multiverse is "back", meaning that all of the other universes exist again, and could interact if people powerful enough to make "cracks in reality" start ****ing around (so the big magic users like Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch, also through tech like the Quantum Realm so Ant-man etc.).

ANYWAY - now that this has happened, they've basically made it mean that the old versions of Spider-man (Maguire and Garfield) aren't totally separate things that have nothing at all to do with the MCU - they "really happened" within the MCU, but in "parallel universes". So they're not in the literal same world like Tom Holland Spider-man and the Avengers... but they do all "exist" .

It's also most likely how they'll bring X-men into the MCU. My guess is that things will get messy within the next few films and so they'll decide to do something to organise all of the chaos, and in doing so, they'll merge some universes into the main one, and one of those will contain the X-men.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 25-08-2021 at 08:25 AM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote