CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
no because it's City and Chelsea, the two teams that will be #1 and #2 come the end of the season. Brentford was a fluke and had many factors in their advantage (4 of our players being off with COVID, away game to a newly promoted team with the return of fans in the stadium, etc)

but as usual people love to piss on Arsenal fans as if we aren't already fed up with the club itself. have fun i guess?
I admire your optimism but disagree. The Brentford game, we failed to defend a simple throw in into the box, today for their 2nd goals we failed to defend a simple ball into the box. Arsenal are failing in basic areas week after week. I agree that City and Chelsea will probably finish 1st and 2nd but am alarmed by the total lack of fight in this team, the managers arrogance in dealing with players and his lack of tactical nouse when his favoured tactics aren't working.

I was discussing this with a friend the other day and we were both thinking - when was the last time we thrashed someone? After about ten minute thought - Slavia Prague in the Europa when we dismantled them in 30 minute. This team struggles to beat everyone., We dont dominate many team at all. The stat line, in this game, of Arsenal 19% possession is embarrassing given its Artetas favoured way of playing. There are so many games where we have 60% possession but still concede two goals. We are no where near where we should be at almost two years into Artetas management..

Arsenal wont be relegated. I think this team is so poor that the top half is dream for me. Arteta seems like a nice guy and may well become a great manger but Chelsea showed last year what can happen when an experienced coach takes over. I said I'd give him till October but I've seen enough - Arteta out and Conte in. Antonio Conte would turn this team around and instil some fight and work ethic. He's available but I doubt for long.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis

Last edited by GiRTh; 28-08-2021 at 04:06 PM.
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote