View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 11:51 AM #30
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
What on God's Green Earth is "kink shaming" that's a new one for me, have you just made that up?
"Kink shaming" is essentially the idea that what one likes to get up to sexually is their own business and beyond criticism. Which is of course largely true I think, in terms of people's actual private life, so long as it only involves consenting individuals, however it has sort of branched out into it not being OK to "kink shame" in any circumstance. e.g. let's say a school teacher puts all over his open facebook that he's into rope bondage, his pupils see it, parents complain to the school - they might then be accused of "kink shaming". In terms of autogynephilia it's basically biological males being turned on by the idea of themself as a woman and in some cases going so far as to head down the trans route for purely for sexualised reasons... and if anyone has a problem with them openly doing that - including getting sexual gratification from using women's only spaces... it's transphobia/kink shaming. In other words, you're not allowed to call someone out even if other unconsenting parties are part of their kink.

My opinion is that these are not genuine trans individuals, they've hijacked it as their own cause and pursue it aggressively. They're the "Shut up TERF I'm going to rape you with my lady**** " crowd that pops up on twitter if someone says anything gender critical.

It's a mess.

But no I didn't make it up.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote