View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 05:15 PM #13
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
I get what you're saying, but there's two points that I'd like to point out.

1. This alliance has probably made it so that future black contestants will be lucky to get to Jury.

2. As unfair as it is to say, but in your average BBUSA season there's about at most two black contestants, one Asian & one or two Hispanic people, so when racism is sadly existing in the season it's normally against at most 5 contestants (which is bad) but it's not the same as a racist alliance taking down 10 contestants just because they aren't the same race as the Cookout.

Imo the best players should be able to play with any group of people, which sadly the Cookout have failed miserably on that front imo.
I think on the contrary, more black people would possibly apply and take shots and be daring in a game where they never succeeded before (except CBB2) because The Cookout showed it was possible to be as succesful as another alliance.

True though, the casting team never casted many POC before but still, those people were mostly never going far. If you truly listen to what The Cookout had to say, they did this for a greater purpose than just a game. They knew how important it was to have representation and be as bold as other previous alliances.
And yes, anybody should be able to play with anybody but since it wasn't the case for the last 20 years, let them have their moment and make a big statement. It was important to them and given the reception on social media and forums, I would say they were right. I am hopeful this is the season that will create change for the future.
Also, once again, give credit where credit is due because what they did together from day 1 to now is impressive. But some people would rather overlook that because black people succeeding is "a trendy narrative".

I am enjoying this season a lot. They went completely unnoticed for the most part, they stayed together for a purpose, made clever plans, the whole cast was a good hot mess, they had blindsides etc I am happy with any of them winning (though Azah or Big D winning would be hilarious but hey, we've had our share of questionable winners before)

Last edited by Captain.Remy; 12-09-2021 at 05:15 PM.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote