BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Remy View Post
I think on the contrary, more black people would possibly apply and take shots and be daring in a game where they never succeeded before (except CBB2) because The Cookout showed it was possible to be as succesful as another alliance.

True though, the casting team never casted many POC before but still, those people were mostly never going far. If you truly listen to what The Cookout had to say, they did this for a greater purpose than just a game. They knew how important it was to have representation and be as bold as other previous alliances.
And yes, anybody should be able to play with anybody but since it wasn't the case for the last 20 years, let them have their moment and make a big statement. It was important to them and given the reception on social media and forums, I would say they were right. I am hopeful this is the season that will create change for the future.
Also, once again, give credit where credit is due because what they did together from day 1 to now is impressive. But some people would rather overlook that because black people succeeding is "a trendy narrative".

I am enjoying this season a lot. They went completely unnoticed for the most part, they stayed together for a purpose, made clever plans, the whole cast was a good hot mess, they had blindsides etc I am happy with any of them winning (though Azah or Big D winning would be hilarious but hey, we've had our share of questionable winners before)
Again I get what you're saying, but to me Derek X not being black shouldn't be a reason to have him be evicted from the house and he truly was a minority in the series as he was the only full Asian in the house this year.

I don't know I think that the Game should be fun for the viewers as well as the contestants, and to me I don't really get a kick out of the fact that the Game has only truly started now at the top 6.

Having said all of that I did like Tiffany before helping Xavier win the season by not trying to get rid of him or any of his close allies, but instead took her number 1 out of the Game away from The Cookout.

Out with extreme Politics on both sides of the divide.
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote