View Single Post
Old 24-09-2021, 02:19 PM #49
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
this is fact manipulation again. Vaccinated people can still catch and transmit covid, but their chances of doing so are much reduced compared to those unvaccinated.

It has never been the case that the vaccine stopped you getting or transmitting covid.
As I've said before there is an interesting transmission possibility "side effect", I guess, with vaccines. It's been proven quite thoroughly that in cases where vaccinated people do become infected, and thus infectious, they are more likely than unvaccinated people to be completely symptomless, and thus a higher likelihood that they will never even test and may never know that they were carrying Covid, having never gotten ill themself. Thus, they won't have isolated or taken extra precautions, as they will have been oblivious to the presence of Covid.

It's mitigated slightly by other factors and not really much you can do about it - but this is basically why they advise school-aged teens taking regular lateral flow tests, as they may be covid+ without any symptoms at all. A friend of mine (well, an old friend from my school days, I saw it on his Facebook) had a letter from his kids school saying someone had tested positive and to test... both of his kids (aged 9 and 12) tested positive... he had to keep them at home for 2 weeks and neither of them developed so much as a sniffle.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote