BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
Gintama - I'm on the last arc, and I've got to say it has been a very good Show overall. I'm not gonna lie I've had issues with the Anime at some points (understandably given it's meshing of so many styles) but overall the Anime is very well made imo with some fantastic humour, and in later on arcs some great action & storytelling as well.

Beck - I've watched the first two episodes so far and I personally have enjoyed both episodes, it's not gonna be to everybody's taste, and in fairness neither episode blew my mind, but it's doing the basics right which is good characters that you don't want to throttle, and a decent story for what it's going for. Plus the OP & ED are both amazing imo.

To Your Eternity - Again I've only watched the first two episodes so far, and I know that it was seen as the number one Anime of it's season so there's a lot of hype going into this one. The first episode imo was okay but a bit slow paced for my taste (an interesting conclusion though) but the second episode surprisingly pulled me in, I really like the setup of how they've got this particular story going at the moment, I'm hoping that it can keep it up for me.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer - I've let my family convince me to give this Show another chance after failing to get into it years ago. And imo after watching a couple of episodes of Season 2, it's fine for what it is doing, but for me I personally get irritated whenever the Show tries to go dramatic (in particular with Xander being the worst offender) when I personally enjoy the Show more when it is going either psychological or just a bit kooky with it's concepts. For me the only characters I've not wanted to throttle so far are Giles & Willow, Giles in particular is a character that I do really like.

Gungrave - Again I've only watched two episodes of this Anime so far, but it is definitely my least favourite at the moment surprisingly. My main issue with the Show is that Brandon has no personality, and the episodes travel at a snail pace. However the conclusions to both episodes have been good so I'm hoping that's a sign that the Show will start picking up for me.

I'm mainly watching Anime because there's only so much American TV that I can handle.
I'm giving out an update for anyone that cares.

Anyway here we go.

Gintama - I've finally finished it. What an Anime, yes I've had moments that I've not liked, but when you've done as many episodes as this Show has that's bound to happen.

My top 5 Arcs:
1. Shogun Assassination
2. Farewell Shinsengumi
3. Kabukicho Four Devas
4. Thorny
5. Character Poll

My bottom 5 Arcs:
1. Jugem
2. Kintaro
3. Okita Mitsuba - Controversial opinion.
4. Beam Sword Style
5. Santa

My top 10 Characters:
1. Gintoki
2. Hijikata
3. Shinsuke Takasugi
4. Sasaki Isaburo
5. Shinpachi - I really took to his character more than I thought I would.
6. Katsura
7. Kondo
8. Yamazaki
9. Kagura
10. Shigeshige

I've given up on Beck, Gungrave, Vivy, & Pet for various reasons.

To Your Eternity's arcs I'd rank like this so far.

1. Spirit Bear Arc - 10/10
2. Jananda Island - 8/10 - I'm only a handful of episodes into this Arc so far.
3. Takunaha Arc - 3/10 - A big misstep from the Anime imo, it doesn't need to have six episodes dedicated to it and I'll always stand by that.

Id:Invaded is okay, there's nothing else to really say about it tbh.

And Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

Season 1 - 6/10
Season 2 - 6/10
Season 3 - 4/10 (only 8 episodes watched so far)

Admittedly I've still got two episodes to go with Season 2, but so far the Show doesn't blow me away, it's not horrible either for the most part, it's got things that I like and things that I really don't like about the Show.

My ranking of Season 1 episodes:
1. Nightmares
2. The Puppet Show
3. Out Of Mind, Out Of Sight
4. I Robot... You, Jane
5. Angel
6. Prophecy Girl
7. The Harvest
8. Teacher's Pet
9. Welcome To The Hellmouth
10. Witch
11. The Pack
12. Never Kill A Boy On The First Date

My Ranking of Season 2 episodes: So far.
1. Becoming Part 2
2. Becoming Part 1
3. Passion
4. Killed By Death
5. Ted
6. The Dark Age
7. I Only Have Eyes For You - A weird episode, but I thought that it was decent personally.
8. What's My Line Part 2
9. Halloween
10. What's My Line Part 1
11. Bad Eggs
12. Innocence
13. Phases
14. Some Assembly Required
15. School Hard
16. Reptile Boy
17. Surprise
18. Go Fish
19. When She Was Bad - I get what the Show was trying to go for, but to my tastes it was done in a very try hard way imo.
20. Bewitched, Bothered And Bewildered
21. Lie To Me
22. Inca Mummy Girl

My Ranking for Season 3 episodes:
1. Consequences
2. Bad Girls
3. Helpless
4. Anne
5. Amends
6. Gingerbread
7. Faith, Hope & Trick
8. Revelations
9. The Wish
10. Band Candy
11. Dead Man's Party
12. Homecoming
13. Beauty And The Beasts
14. Lovers Walk
15. The Zeppo - Xander being an idiot as usual.

Apologies for the long post.

KRO!

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 14-10-2021 at 11:24 PM.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote