View Single Post
Old 24-10-2021, 01:17 PM #8
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
This happened to me with a mobile phone. Was unfortunately a cheapish one, about 150 quid rather than a decent one which would have been much better (damn me and my tightness when buying electronics really..). I was less than honest and saw the extra as compensation for my trouble and stress of losing a phone I never had but then had 2 of

Edit. 'This happened to me' - Not the neighbour and bin thing. It just got stuck in depot or something it seems. But then I was told it was delivered and so on. Then they sent another out, but I think they thought I was lying about not having recieved it, when I wasnt. Then the original just appeared days later.

I’m pretty sure the delivery driver got fired or disciplined in our case because they at first insisted it had been delivered, but it was supposed to be signed and when they checked the driver’s records the signature box was of course blank so they probably thought he stole it or something. That was partially why we returned it when we found it. It was at Christmas so a crazy busy time for delivery drivers and the poor bugger probably thought it would be fine to leave it and put a card through. Which it would have been … if he’d gone to the right house
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote