Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Default Rose.

Okay I know I've already kinda spoke about my opinion about Rose's dance on Strictly last night on the discussion thread, but I just want to make my point about Rose a bit more balanced versus what I said on the thread which could be deemed as harsh.

Anyway here's what I like about Rose.

1. She comes across as a likeable person.

2. She is a good inspiration for a lot of people who are deaf that they can also take part in dancing if they want to.

3. She is a good dancer.

Now onto my problems with Rose as a contestant.

1. The judges (and the public to some extent) are imo treating Rose with kiddie gloves, and to me I can't be pulling up JJ last year for getting this treatment and not do the same about Rose. I feel like even if Rose does a good dance by anyone else's standards, instead gets blown up to be a beautiful masterpiece, it can to me anyway come across as very patronising because of Rose's disability it's somehow a miracle that she can dance. Btw I do understand that it would be harder for Rose I'm not being deliberately ignorant of the fact, but I get the vibe that some people think it's a miracle that Rose can do decent dances and then in that process blow her performances out of proportion to what she's actually done imo.

2. More in line with issue 1 is the judges giving Rose sometimes higher scores than she deserves because she's the fan favourite. Imo the judges should be judging dances based on difficulty of the dance and how well they do it, all of Rose's dances can be tackled by decent dancers in the lineup, so giving scores of 37-40/40 is obscene imo, and they only do it because of the public liking Rose the best, ironically a bit like Stacey Dooley in her year.

3. Okay I don't know how to put this across without sounding confrontational, but I do get fed up a little bit of Soapstars naturally getting a lot of votes just because they come from said Soap, it doesn't matter how well they dance it's basically if they played an "iconic" character on the Soap. I know it's harsh what I'm saying and I know a lot of people will deny that this actually happens, but most of the time Soapstars do tend to benefit greatly from being on a Soap.

Ironically none of my issues are with Rose personally, and I do genuinely think that she's a good dancer (just not exceptional) and fair enough to the public if she were to win and stop the McFly fans (who again vote incredibly biased on these Shows) as tbh I don't have an out and out favourite this year like I did last year with Bill so I actually have no personal stake in this fight.

But I really dislike the judges in particular not treating Rose like everyone else in the lineup.

KRO!

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 31-10-2021 at 06:46 PM.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote