Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Default Boris gives a speech to the CBI

Boris Johnson travelled to north-east England on Monday to deliver a speech to one of his target audiences - the men and women driving British businesses.

But the 25-minute journey at the CBI's conference took some awkward turns as the prime minister tried to fuel enthusiasm for his green industrial revolution.

And his final destination left some rather confused passengers in his wake.

After saying government "cannot fix everything" and that "the true driver of growth is not government but the energy and dynamism and originality of the private sector", Mr Johnson turned to CBI chief Tony Danker and said: "Yesterday I went, as we all must, to Peppa Pig World."

He asked the audience for a show of hands for who had been to the Hampshire attraction, and after a few titters and an expression of "not enough" from the PM, he accelerated.

"I was a bit hazy about what I would find at Peppa Pig World, but I loved it," he said.

"Peppa Pig World is very much my kind of place.

"It has very safe streets, discipline in schools, a heavy emphasis on mass transit systems I noticed, even if they are a bit stereotypical about Daddy Pig."

Slowing to the end of his anecdote, he said: "The real lesson for me going to Peppa Pig World... was about the power of UK creativity.

"Who would have believed a pig who looks like... a Picasso like hairdryer, a pig that was rejected by the BBC, would now be exported to 180 countries and theme parks both in America and China, as well as in the New Forest and be a business worth at least £6bn to this country and counting.

"I think that is pure genius don't you? No government in the world, no Whitehall civil servant, would have conceivably come up with Peppa."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59373237

--------------------------------------

i honestly thought the source of this would be the onion, but it's not
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote