BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
i think this underlying conditions angle is nonsense quite frankly. Footballers particularly are subjected to very detailed medicals using the most sophisticated equipment we have available. If there was an underlying condition, it would have been found
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver View Post
You have to search for different things and frankly most of the time they won't show up unless you start to have symptoms its not something that is easy to find
I have a fairly rare heart condition, and it's absolutely invisible unless a very specific test is carried out designed to find that particular condition. And they only look for it if there's a specific "reason" to - in my case, it was a family member who had a heart attack, and was shown to have it. That's another thing - this condition doesn't show up after death, so if the relative's brother hadn't had a (then unexplained) heart attack which he didn't survive, they wouldn't necessarily have looked for it.

The point buried in there is that while sportspeople are generally subject to loads of medicals, not everything can be identified.

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote