View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 09:05 AM #9760
-

-

Default Coronavirus Outbreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
Sky News reporting that hospital staff are in uproar as 90% of all the Covid patients needing intensive care are NOT vaccinated.

Apparently 30% of all hospitalisations are Covid cases .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah I think the hospitalisations vs ICU distinction is important - there are all sorts of reasons an ill person might need hospital assistance but it be nowhere near the level of severe Covid. e.g. I have a friend who is type 1 diabetic and has needed hospital stays three times for illness over the years (twice with flu, once with norovirus) but it wasn’t because the illness itself was particularly severe - but because he couldn’t effectively manage his blood sugars while ill and they were fluctuating dangerously (so he needed to be on a drip etc. and blood sugars constantly monitored).

Incidentally, he had Covid recently and barely had symptoms at all (mild cold like symptoms for 2 days then totally fine). He is double jabbed though.

But yeah, Plenty of Covid hospital cases will be like that (hydration management, fever management)… not necessarily severe respiratory illness. Those are the ones who will end up in ICU… and the people who end up at that level are mostly unvaccinated people (also age still plays a part, they’re mostly over 55).

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 05-12-2021 at 09:08 AM.