View Single Post
Old 29-03-2022, 09:20 AM #119
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
I think i see where the problem is TS. Thats not how it is in england. I'm in a band e house, that is nice, but nothing outstanding. All property was regraded in england in the semi recent past, 1991 prices have long gone here as a marker
I 100% guarantee the way Council Tax bandings work is still based on 1991 valuations. The rebanding was to check that the houses still match the valuation in terms of improvements to the house or area i.e. things that would have increased the value of the property whenever they happened. Extensions, conversions, etc.

The bandings are still relative to the average. Overall house price increases across the board do not increase council tax board. There can be some more dramatic changes in cities (gentrification; areas that used to be considered "rough" now being more desireable because of city proximity) or transport links (a new motorway link can turn an isolated village into a city-worker suburb over night) but it's not because of house price inflation.

If there have been no other changes, a band A house that was worth £35k 20+ years ago and is now worth over £100k will still be Band A.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/understa...4d4f1bc1e380c6

One thing I have noticed though which is somewhat interesting, is that bands B and C seem to be exremely rare? Lots of Band A properties (flats, ex-council houses), and then it for the mostpart seems to jump straight to Band D/E .

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 29-03-2022 at 09:21 AM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote