View Single Post
Old 18-04-2022, 08:05 AM #11

Favourites (more):
BBUSA16: Zach
BBCanada 2: Neda

Favourites (more):
BBUSA16: Zach
BBCanada 2: Neda

Rylan is the only one from the hosting alumni I'd be happy with, and if you told me a few years ago I'd be saying that I'd have never believed you. Pairing him with Alison could be fun too - and I think ITV have long been looking for a higher profile show for her.

Marcus is an absolute no no for me. He became too much of a parody of himself and for me was actually a barrier to watching it on C5 rather than an asset - everytime I thought I'd give BB another chance in it's latter years I just couldn't get past the first few minutes due to the over narration.

More than that though the style of reality TV narrating has changed signfificantly in recent years so I think they'd go down a more comic route. Whoever they choose though they need to scale it back so they're more of an announcer rather than narrator - so opening and closing the show, but a bit more involved during the show than in the US/Canada too.

What they absolutely must not do is have "Big Brother" narrate the show and constantly switch between that role and talking to the housemates - that's one of the worst things about the Aussie revival.

I would also hope by going "back to the glory days" they keep any spin offs to a minimum to avoid over exposure and put all their efforts into the main show. Once a week would be fine, something in the style of the Side Show in Canada, with one packed hour of content rather than content spread thinly over one hour a night. If they do this they can probably just use the same host as the main show, as Love Island does with Aftersun.

Last edited by Brekkie; 18-04-2022 at 08:06 AM.
Brekkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote