View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 10:14 PM #17

Favourites (more):
BBUSA16: Zach
BBCanada 2: Neda

Favourites (more):
BBUSA16: Zach
BBCanada 2: Neda

Agree any first series needs to establish a core format and resist the temptation to throw in twist after twist after twist.

I do agree it should be three rather than two nominees for a revival (and I think that helps resist the temptation for twists too). I'm indifferent on implementing a points system, but I did like the Channel 9 era "Superpower" twist which gives the framework for one player to have some power over the nomination process each week which varies throughout the series, but packaged as a weekly format point rather than random weekly twists to nominations. Prefer vote to evict over vote to save but indifferent really - it is important though for the momentum of the entire series to have big characters in jeopardy and indeed evicted throughout the series. Just getting rid of the "extras" makes the evictions a none event. Viewers need to care who is going.

And on that note keep the number of housemates down too. I don't think ITV2 would run it for much more than 8 weeks (perhaps 9 if they want to go for the classic C4 structure), so for 8 weeks I think 12 HMs is enough with one double eviction along the way leaving 4 in the final week. Any more makes the final a none event - the memorable BB final weeks are BB1-3 where they had just 3 or 4 in the final week. The idea that more finalists makes it more entertaining never actually played out.

As for bigger twists - try and avoid fake evictions and secret bedsits. Keep it simple for now at least. Wouldn't mind us trying out the twin twist.
Brekkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote