Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I actually think he'll be good, he has the right energy to go back to the Tennant/Smith days. SURELY people can't kick off about him being black... I know they will... but there's zero justification.

In terms of sexuality, so long as they remember that The Doctor is quite clearly established (going back as far as Eccleson) as being bi or "pan" and they don't suddenly make the character gay (which would make no sense, because of Rose + River Song) there's not problem with his persona either which is, admittedly, quite camp in Sex Ed.

That said, I wouldn't exactly call Tennant or Smith "butch" .

My ONLY concern would be whether or not he'll be able to capture the character's angry/dark side, and that duality is important.

Have I missed something ? .. when was the doctor ever bi or pans ?? . Granted I haven't watched it for a good few seasons though.

Anyway It's cool & interesting that it's finally a black actor, but I have a feeling they'll change the character too much ,to the point where it doesn't feel like the doctor anymore.

Tennant and Smith were just eccentric / flamboyant. Tennant will always be my favourite doctor. They both reminded me of energetic scientists. But I always thought Matt Smith's doctor acted alot more sillier .

Last edited by GoldHeart; 08-05-2022 at 02:55 PM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote