can't nobody hold us down

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Joe McElderry

can't nobody hold us down

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Joe McElderry

Default Leona: \"....I Might Just Faint\"

Quote:
LEONA LEWIS is up for four gongs at tonight’s Brits — completing an incredible treble.

The 2006 X Factor winner will have attended as a Brits school pupil in the audience, as a nominee and now as a performer.

But Leona, 22, is worried that winning an award might just be an achievement too far — and says she’ll FAINT if her name is called out.

She added: “I can’t wait for the Brits. I am so, so excited about performing. I just hope it all goes well on the night.

“I am really nervous about going on stage. It’s such a big event and a huge arena. It is something special to sing at Earls Court. I went to see the Brits when I was younger because all new pupils at the Brits school are invited.

“I remember 5IVE performed that year. They jumped into the audience and disappeared, and their bodyguards shipped them off before I could get a closer look. It was an incredible night.

“I’m really looking forward to seeing MIKA. He always puts on a crazy performance and has a lot going on, so I’m looking forward to that.

“It’ll be good to see AMY WINEHOUSE back on stage too. I think her performance for the Grammys was a sign she’s back.”

Leona is up for Best Newcomer, Best Female, Best Single and Best Album.

But the timid star, who is making a name for herself in the US, is refusing to jinx herself by writing a speech.

She says: “I’ll just see what happens. To get a nomination is the most important thing. My family and friends are coming. I’m still trying to sort out the tickets — there has been a bun fight for them. Everyone I know wants to come.

“And I’ll be behaving. I don’t drink so I won’t be toasting with champagne. I’ll have to have a bowl of ice cream!

“SIMON COWELL will be there and my boyfriend Lou, so I won’t be short of people to cheer me on.”
The Sun

I really hopes she wins! (but hopefully she doesn't faint)
MarkWaldorf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote