CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
She (and in turn, I) never said he cut it off on purpose. That lie (along with the reasoning for why it must be a lie) was another piece of misinformation frequently peddled on Social Media to undermine what she was saying though. Funny that. So many people coincidentally getting the wrong ends of the same sticks without being led into it . A mystery wrapped in an enigma.

As I said earlier in the thread I think the most likely explanation (given the kitchen video) was that he was smashing glasses and bottles (like in the kitchen video) and slamming his hands on objects in anger (like in the kitchen video) and in the process, slammed his finger onto an upturned piece of broken glass and severed it. Pure peculation of course, but given that we know the above mentioned behaviours to be things that he did (thanks to the kitchen video) it makes a fair bit more sense to me than his fingertip being cleanly severed on the bone by a flying bottle.

Full truth on it though? I’d bet that they were both off their faces and in chaos and neither of them have a ****ing clue how he lost the finger.
The story is out there. I've seen it in the independent. You keep blaming social media but there are a few claims made about Depp that have been unsubstantiated. Heard too.

The Vodka bottle story is far fetched but I point to what I said earlier. When he tells the story he tells it well and is convincing. He looks down to motion where Heard was standing when she flung the bottle. He always illustrates the first bottle flying past his head with his hand and makes that noise - Whoosh - every single time. He's consistent.

Even little details like he says the bottle smashed behind him, not smashed 'on the wall behind' because if he's living this in first person from his point of view, at that moment he didn't know what it smashed on.

Maybe he''s told the story so many times that he's nailed it but if its all a lie, little embellishments like the noise the bottle made as it passed his head would have gone the third of fourth time he told it. He seems to be telling the story as he remembers it.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis

Last edited by GiRTh; 02-06-2022 at 03:25 PM.
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote