View Single Post
Old 02-06-2022, 03:31 PM #1596
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
The story is out there. I've seen it in the independent. You keep blaming social media but there are a few claims made about Depp that have been unsubstantiated. Heard too.

The Vodka bottle story is far fetched but I point to what I said earlier. When he tells the story he tells it well and is convincing. He looks down to motion where Heard was standing when she flung the bottle. He always illustrates the first bottle flying past his head with his hand and makes that noise - Whoosh - every single time. He's consistent.

Even little details like he says the bottle smashed behind him, not smashed 'on the wall behind' because if he's living this in first person from his point of view, at that moment he didn't know what it smashed on.

Maybe he''s told the story so many times that he's nailed it but if its all a lie, little embellishments like the noise the bottle made as it passed his head would have gone the third of fourth time he told it. He seems to be telling the story as he remembers it.

We disagree again; a story being identical every time it’s told is indicative of it being rehearsed. A better (still not perfect) way to pick out a memory from a rehearsed lie is for the pertinent details of the story to always remain consistent, but for the way the story is told to CHANGE, indicating that the person is wording it as it comes to mind but still explaining the details consistently. If the wording is always the same, the wording isn’t being generated in the moment from the memory. That “whoosh” and always using the same gestures tells me the exact opposite of what it tells you. He’s memorised a script for his version of events.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote