View Single Post
Old 13-06-2022, 10:01 AM #60
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Agreed.
I was responding to Zizu who seemed to be under the impression that Harry didn’t engage in blood sports unlike other Royals, when he definitely did; and Glenn who got his dates wrong (he thought the article was more recent.)

Would you have killed a buffalo at 19 though? I would say not. It’s a despicable sport that has been passed down through the centuries in aristocratic families, but even if I was a member of one of those families I couldn’t do it. I honestly can’t even kill a fly.
I'm not a veggie but no I can't say I can get my head around killing for sport. If it came down to it I would hunt for food, but killing an animal for any reason other than food, self defense, or I guess if one is suffering... I don't know how people can pull the trigger, personally.

To be fair I can't claim that I wouldn't harm a fly, my charity doesn't extend to most insects. I do spare spiders these days though even though I hate them... I've come to accept that they're vital to the ecosystem etc. so I begrudgingly capture & release. I have a little handheld hoover that I use so they get to ride the cyclone before I dump them in the garden .