View Single Post
Old 15-06-2022, 03:41 PM #34
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
Pixar's been on **** form since Inside Out.

They've forgot that their Films were meant to be fun family Movies imo.

Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with serious messaging in a kids Film if you're also fun to watch (like Wall-E) but Pixar have gone really up themselves imo.

However it doesn't matter if this Film is more boring than Interstellar & Dune combined, it shouldn't be being banned, these people just shouldn't watch the Film if they feel so strongly against it.
I'd argue that Finding Dory is fairly good fun (though not on par with Finding Nemo, that's true) and also I think "Soul" is a great little film. I largely agree about every other Pixar film since Inside Out though.

HOWEVER - Dune is a perfectly decent movie and Interstellar is a fantastic movie so .

ALthough actually... ... ... ... is Interstellar maybe a very average sci-fi movie plot-wise elevated to a fantastic level by its cinematography and soundtrack? I can see a strong argument for that . But you have to take a movie as a whole package I guess.

Considering that ... most of what I like about "Soul" is also aesthetic, not narrative.

[edit] ... and Dune . I'm seeing a theme emerging here! Although I do love the lore of Dune - I think the movie could have done more with that (and may do in the sequel) but again it's a great film in terms of cinematography and sound design etc.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 15-06-2022 at 03:43 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote