View Single Post
Old 21-06-2022, 06:27 PM #37

I try and take advantage of the free kitchen I’m pretty much guaranteed across the weekend and try and cook as much as I can between Friday evenings and Saturday night (not all at the same time, obviously). I wouldn’t mind a bit of company in the kitchen (from someone who doesn’t live here) but I’m pretty zen just quietly hanging out in the kitchen and bulk-cooking.

I think one of the reasons I dread the early part of the week so much these days is because that’s when my housemates tend to come out of hiding and be noisy/hog the kitchen for 15 hours at a time. I actually liked them in the beginning when they were a bit more chill/respectful but at this point I find myself having to repeat myself about basic house-rules/courtesy so much that I just take them for being incredibly obnoxious, entitled and inconsiderate. We used to entertain a bit of mutual food-sharing when they were calmer but it’s a very different situation now. At the moment I’m torn between wanting enough time to myself in the kitchen on the weekends so I can cook whatever it is I’m trying to bulk-cook in peace and actually wanting them to take more advantage of the free space at that time of the week so that come Monday/Tuesday they’re too worn-out from constantly hanging out/being noisy and mellow it down during the most difficult days of the week so I can work in peace and come home to a chill space. I dunno. I think I just need a studio flat. Either way I’ve reached that point in my life where I hate having housemates (at least very extraverted/loud ones).

More than feeling low I just feel trapped in my own space throughout the week and coupled with the daily stresses of life it’s just a lot.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.

Last edited by Redway; 21-06-2022 at 06:33 PM.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote