self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Chris Pincher, who was suspended as a Conservative MP after being accused of groping two men, has said he is seeking "professional medical support".

In a statement, the Tamworth MP said he was "truly sorry for the upset I caused" and would co-operate fully with an inquiry into his behaviour.

He also said he "respected" Boris Johnson's decision to suspend him.

Mr Pincher quit as Tory deputy chief whip on Thursday, saying he had "drunk far too much" the previous evening.

He was suspended as a Conservative MP a day later after being reported to Parliament's behaviour watchdog.

Witnesses told the BBC he had been seen "extremely drunk" at the Carlton Club, the Conservative Party members' club, in London.

Mr Pincher said: "As I told the prime minister, I drank far too much on Wednesday night, embarrassing myself and others, and I am truly sorry for the upset I caused.

"The stresses of the last few days, coming on top of those over the last several months, have made me accept that I will benefit from professional medical support.

"I am in the process of seeking that now, and I hope to be able to return to my constituency duties as soon as possible."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62023278

--------------------------------------

He is trying to weasel out of losing his seat
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote