BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogeatdog View Post
I very rarely watch tv shows live anymore unless it’s football or it’s just something in the background that I’m not really paying attention to. I record most shows and just watch them later when I have time.

I feel like this is kinda expected, TV has changed a lot over the last couple decades which is obviously reflected in ratings for shows particularly in prime time hours. The channels have probably been losing money for some time now thanks to streaming and this probably the only way to try and recoup the losses?
I feel like they're scoring an own goal with this though.

More adverts will mean less run time for the episodes, meaning the quality will be hurt by having less time to tell the story, therefore more people will just gravitate towards Streaming than they already are (even though their model has it's own problems imo) but classic TV used to be so much better in the 90's & 00's (the peak eras for TV Shows imo) because they had longer runtimes to tell their story because there were less Adverts, which in turn made the episodes have better quality and more ratings, thus making more money than they probably are right now.

I agree with you on the strategy that they're using, but ultimately it'll see them lose more people.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote