BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
I've watched the first 6 episodes of Devilman Crybaby.

It's an okay Anime, it's not the most revolutionary Show in the world, but it's decent.
I've finished watching Devilman Crybaby, and tbh it just didn't end very satisfactory imo.

It has it's moments, but overall the writing is just a load of gibberish if I'm to be brutally honest.

There are definitely entertaining moments in the Show though, and the Music is quite strong in the Show.

I've also watched the pilot of The Midwich Cuckoos, and so far it's got some interesting ideas, and Keeley Hawes & Max Beesley are doing good performances imo, but the pacing in the first half of the episode was tediously slow, I honestly don't get the trend of pacing Shows out like this.

But otherwise the Show has potential imo.

And I'm also watching the 13th Season of NCIS: LA, and tbh the Show has never been the best written Show in the world, but it kinda knew how to be tongue in cheek with it in past seasons.

Where as this Season is tone wise very different to the other Seasons as it's trying to be much more serious than the Show was ever intended to be for most of it's run imo, plus I'm gonna be controversial and just say it, the Show this season has a real bad habit of repeating the same case every week.

It's basically white supremacist goes around being abusive to other races through various methods, now don't get me wrong I never complained when it first happened in the season because well why would I? But 8 episodes into the season and it's either out and out white supremacy episodes, or even in the rare episodes that aren't like that they'll still get either Deeks, Rountree (because this character can't exist without racism) or Fatima doing some blatant messaging about how racism is bad, it's almost like they think that racists will change their ways just because NCIS: LA tells them to.

Now don't get me wrong some of the messaging morally speaking is actually good, and I honestly don't mind the odd episode on the topic in a season, but I swear to god this Show is obsessed with race, like really obsessed, to the point sometimes where they're ironically kinda racist in the way that they write Rountree but I'm sure some people will probably think that I'm really harsh in saying that.

And tbf I actually don't mind Kilbride & Fatima out of the newbies, some of their scenes can feel a bit forced sometimes (and I personally prefer the characters that they replaced) but I can easily accept them as replacements, so just to be balanced it's not all bad.

But seriously they need to cool it down a little bit on the white supremacy episodes, there's actually nothing wrong in making them, but they shouldn't be making up half of the season so far.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote