Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Yeah I dropped Midwich, it was too dull imo.

I've started watching FBI International and the first two episodes were okay, it's my first time watching a Show from the FBI franchise so my knowledge of the story in the pilot wasn't very good.

Overall the lead looks like he is gonna be decent, and the Dog is cool.

I've also started BBUSA 24 which as I've said on it's discussion thread was the worst launch show that I've ever seen to any Big Brother, it just wasn't very gripping imo.

And I've watched the 9th episode of NCIS: LA, and again there's some okay moments in the episode, and it was nice to see that the Show wasn't race baiting for a change, so that's a plus, but as usual because the Show wasn't race baiting it meant that Rountree couldn't be in the episode, typical for that character because the Show is very racist imo and just sees him as the black guy, which is ironic given how much the Show preaches about racism being bad.

Instead though this episode decided to be political in a more lazy way imo, going for Incels and Social Media.

Social Media has basically become the new Video Games for older generations (which TV Writers are normally in that demographic) where they take a genuine negative trait of an industry (in this case Social Media) and just sledgehammer that it's bad without showcasing any of the positive sides of Social Media, and TV Shows only hate Social Media (like they hate Video Games) is because Social Media basically gets more people using it instead of watching TV, it dares to be more popular basically, but they like to pretend that it's some moral reason why they have taken an issue with it.

And with the Incel topic, for me it's so trendy to bash men nowadays that it's kinda tiring tbh.

Don't get me wrong Incels are horrendously bad, I personally find their views really disturbed (just to make it clear) but most people with any kinda common sense already knows that Incels are bad, and their attitude towards women isn't healthy.

However along with the fact that the Media is teaching younger women to hate and fear men (which isn't a healthy mindset) the story of Incels being bad isn't even daring in the slightest, political stories work best imo when they are made only on special occasions rather than every week, and the topic at hand is divisive for it's time, and the Show is boldly going where no Show has gone before.

If anyone reading this thinks that being an Incel is okay I'd honestly recommend that you go and see a Therapist, and I'm being serious.

And I honestly think that 95% of people probably already think the same as me on this topic, so why the **** make an episode on it? It's just a pointless episode at that point.

Imo people should like at DS9 with Far Beyond The Stars.

The episode was the only one of it's kind in all 7 Seasons of the Show (which makes it have far more impact immediately) and it was more bold to cover racism towards black people being a problem at the time, because in the 90's Avery Brooks (the Actor who played Sisko) had quite a few detractors at the time just for being black, and then daring to be a black Actor to lead a Star Trek Show, so at the time the Show was being brave by confronting some of their own viewers with that particular episode, especially with the 50's setting making you realise that those days had some severe issues with racism.

NCIS: LA in 2022 tackling similar political issues that 50 million other Shows also tackle just isn't very exciting imo.

I wish that LA would just tell a story that's not aggressively Political tbh, and just be a bit of fun, but if it's gonna be Political then pick something that's not being covered so much in life already.

KRO!

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 11-07-2022 at 12:29 AM.
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote