BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeB View Post
After seeing people cry woke over the GTA 6 news (GTA could never be woke since you can go around shooting and beat up people) just feels anything these days is called woke when it's really not. People have issues with POC and LGBT getting TV/Film roles and it's called woke because the cast isn't all white.
Personally I hate terms like woke & PC as they do get overused imo.

And when it comes to GTA VI, personally I don't care what the lead is as long as the character is well written, my biggest issue with GTA VI is the report about the Game being more dry on the humour front, because to me the satire in GTA franchise makes it standout from say the Mafia franchise for example.

And when it comes to TV, again I have no issue with non-white Actors getting roles in Shows, for me personally though I do wish that TV Writers/Producers wouldn't just cast people because of one attribute though.

My most obvious five I'm gonna use at the moment as I'm currently watching them are these five characters.

Rountree (NCIS: LA) It's taken nearly two Seasons just to know what one of his personal interests are, and I don't blame the Actor I blame the writers who had no vision for the character other than the fact that they wanted a young black Actor in the programme, and that's all it was imo.

Rajan (CSI: Vegas) Apart from her ship with Folsom, she has minimal involvement in the Show in other areas imo, and again I think that was because the Show didn't think past wanting an English character in the programme, which is a problem because it leaves a hollow character in the Show just because she's English.

Folsom (CSI: Vegas) Anyone watching the return of CSI: Vegas will laugh at me because he is a young white American character, but ironically he is a token because he is the only one of that type in the programme, and again the writers don't really know what to do with him (again away from the ship with Rajan) and it shows that imo the writers had only thought of the aesthetic side of things rather than creating a brilliant character.

And then the last two I've had to check their names out on IMDB because they're so under the radar.

Raines & Vo (FBI: International)

Basically yes some people do overuse the term woke, but characters like Rountree or the two from FBI: International aren't helping matters imo as they are getting more commonly made than say the iconic Benjamin Sisko from the Star Trek franchise.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote