View Single Post
Old 02-08-2022, 08:27 PM #7

On-topic I used to have a characteristic awkward quirk around my parents’ guests of offering them a cuppa when they blatantly had brandy/wine/Guinness on their table and were good with that (as you would be) and that’s something that was obviously borne out of a certain coy shyness than actually genuinely not knowing what to say in those hospitable situations. But generally I’ve always felt more at ease interacting with people somewhat closer to my parents’ age (not that I was ever that awkward around my age mates at the best of times but with age inevitably comes a certain mellow contemplation and I don’t tend to get on that much with people who are just loud for the sake of being loud). That kind of breaks through the awkward-small-talk/pleasantries-only conduct a lot of people adopt when there’s more than 15 years’ age difference between them and the person they’re talking to but I just find older people to be weightier when it comes to potential conversational material (so long as they’re relatively emotionally well-rounded as well). That’s why I get on better with older people even ’though I’m at an age now when it should’ve well evened out by now. I still have a lot of buddies my age (including one of my best ones) but the conversations and concrete connections only tend to go so far and so deep.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote