View Single Post
Old 05-08-2022, 01:40 PM #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
I rarely argue these days if I can help it.

I have a red headed temper and have worked a lot over the years to control it (i was very hot headed when I was younger and could be vicious).

I rarely say things I don't mean but if pushed I will sometimes say things that are truthful but that I would normally not say to keep the peace so at times I regret that as it can open a can of worms that I would rather keep closed.

In all honesty, life is too short to argue- I would much rather walk away and have the argument internally (which I obviously always win) and then I can move on.
Yeah, sometimes it’s best to just have an internal monologue with yourself and let yourself feel whatever it is you need to feel without anyone else’s feelings suffering as a result. Drama and conflict are more effort than they’re worth. I’ve never been a lover of heated conflict but at this point in the game I’m a lot more wary of where my energy goes and letting it go on toxicity and arguments just isn’t worth it unless it’s that necessary.

Going back to my thread topic I do say what I mean 7 or 8 times out of 10 but that’s not saying that much considering how much I tend to guard my innermost feelings at the best of times. I’m honest enough in the sense that I won’t pretend to like someone if I can’t stand them (at most I’ll be as polite as I need to be but beyond that I won’t let them in). I’m probably like you in the sense that I try and keep the peace generally but I still have those moments where I really do say things I don’t actually mean if it’s a hot situation. But generally it’s more a case of the situation just acting as a catalyst for feelings I don’t normally give vent to being expressed on a can-of-worms basis (and just like you I’d just rather not go there as far as I can absolutely help it).

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.

Last edited by Redway; 06-08-2022 at 09:38 PM.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote