View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 08:35 PM #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogeatdog View Post
If I was in this position I would be a little annoyed tbh. When I was working at Sainsburys we would have to cash out peoples lottery winnings but if it was an amount more than £500 we weren’t able to cash them out, the person would have to go to a post office to collect the winnings.

This happened to me once when we were fairly busy, I put the ticket in the machine and it said the winnings exceeded the amount we were able to cash out. I walked over to the lady and told her to come over to the end till where there wasn’t many people around and then quietly told her the situation and what she needed to do and I instantly told her to sign the ticket on the back so that she was the only one who can claim the winnings.

For me it just seemed like common sense, I wouldn’t want to shout out in front of loads of people that she had potentially a big win because it’s not other peoples business to know that and I certainly wouldn’t be happy if that was done to me.

To me this situation with you Rusti is similar in my eyes and I’m surprised the bank clerk didn’t have the common sense to not say something like that so I would be annoyed about it 100%.

Yes Good you helped that lady
with over £500 win.
Sign the Ticket,
then go to a Big Post Office.

A Great help in that store
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote