View Single Post
Old 09-08-2022, 04:55 PM #93
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
So if Twitter or a news channel didn't agree with something the Queen said during her Queen's speech and they cut her off and then banned her from speaking. Would you say that would be normal and reasonable. I use the Queen as an example because she is our Head of state which is what Trump was to America at the time.

People would ask questions if that happened, wouldn't they? Like "What's going on here?" and if nobody was asking questions and just accepted it then you'd think there's something odd going on.
That's not how it works. The example they use in the US, is that shouting fire in a crowded theatre is an example of speech that isn't allowed (unless there's an actual fire of course), because of the panic and danger it would cause. You have to accept that lying about elections causing his supporters to invade the capitol, is definitely along those lines.

So if the queen was giving a speech and then she suddenly started telling everyone to invade Scotland because they're trying to steal England from us, then yes, I would understand why she has been cut off.